This sangria is one for the books! I’m a big fan of classic sangria, but I wanted to make something a little more festive for the fall season when we have company over. Well, this turned out to be absolutely delicious to say the least. Serve this a a halloween party, for Christmas dinner or for any other gathering that you are having.
- 5 cups dry white wine (I used Pino Grigio)
- 1 honey crisp apple (sliced thin)
- 3/4 cup of apple juice
- 2 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 cup of apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 whole cloves
- 2 teaspoon of honey
Make simple syrup: In a small sauce pan/ pot, set heat to medium. Add in 1/4 cup of apple juice, cinnamon, clove and honey (whisk in honey). Allow everything to come up to a simmer. Simmer on medium/low for about 1 minute. Allow syrup to cool/ get to room temperature.
- Slice apple and put directly into a pitcher. Add in cinnamon stick, cloves, apple juice and wine.
- Once simple syrup is cooled, add it into the pitcher of wine, and mix.
- Put in refrigerator and allow sangria to sit for about 4-6 hours. Serve within 24 hours of making it!
For more recipes follow MADE by Marriahand on Instagram