Nothing reminds me more of fall than pumpkin and butternut squash. I woke up feeling “FALL FESTIVE” and decided to experiment with butternut squash. I made this delicious yet healthy quinoa and decided to serve it with roasted asparagus as well as our Sage Butter Chicken Breasts. It was a big hit in our house!
- 2 cups of tri-color quinoa
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 2 cups of fresh butternut squash (diced small)
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of fresh minced garlic
- 2 tablespoon of fresh minced parsley
- 1/2 cup of chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup of maple brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of maple syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon of salt/pepper mix
- 1/2 tablespoon of ground nutmeg
- Set oven to 400°F.
- Dice butternut squash into small cubes. Once diced – place squash onto a sheet pan, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Place sheet pan into oven for about 15-20 minutes or until squash is golden brown / soft (but not mushy)! Check & toss half way through.
- While the squash is roasting: In a pot, bring chicken broth to a boil over high heat. Once broth is up to a boil, add in quinoa. Allow the quinoa and broth to come up to a boil again. Once it is boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes covered.
- While quinoa is cooking: In a small sauté pan, set heat to medium/high. Add in 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Once oil is hot, add in minced garlic and sauté until golden brown. Reduce heat to medium/low.
- Next – add in maple syrup, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt/pepper. Once that is simmering, add in pecans and parsley. Turn heat off.
- Once butternut squash and quinoa are done cooking. Carefully fold all the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
For more recipes follow MADE by Marriah and also on Instagram!