Would you believe that I have never been a fan of scallops my entire life up until about a year ago?! I honestly didn’t know what I was missing. It was either one of two things: 1. My tastebuds weren’t quite there yet (haha) OR 2. They weren’t cooked properly anytime I had tried them. Just a word of advice: if you aren’t a fan of scallops, give them one more chance! These simple yet delicious scallops are perfect by themselves or even on the side of a nice steak for dinner. These scallops will turn your simple dinner up a notch. Did I mention how quick and easy they are to make?!
- 10 jumbo sea scallops
- 2 tablespoons of salted butter
- 1 tablespoon of minced fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of dry white wine (I used pinot grigio)
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Pinch of salt & black ground pepper
- Remove the side muscles from each scallop if they aren’t already removed! (The little rectangular looking tag of tissue on the side of the scallop). Next, pat scallops dry with paper towel on each side and sprinkle lightly with salt & pepper.
- Set a cast iron skillet over medium/high heat. (If you don’t own a cast iron skillet, any other nonstick frying pan will work!)
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in pan.
- Once butter is melted / pan is hot – add in scallops.
- Sear scallops on each side for about 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- After scallops are done searing on second side — add in white wine.
- Once pan is deglazed, add in 1 tablespoon of butter, minced garlic, lemon juice, and capers. Make sure internal temp of scallops is 130°F
- Add in chicken stock if you want it juicier.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley.
For more recipes follow MADE by Marriah and also on Instagram!