My latest food obsession are these sweet potato tacos. Once you have these you're going to send me messages how addicted you are now too! There was a time when I was driving 30 min from my house to go all the way to Santa Monica to eat these taco's. Needless to say, that's when I made it a mission to find the best recipe and recreate them myself!
Sweet Potato & Black Bean Tacos
These Black Bean & Sweet Potato Tacos are gluten free and vegetarian. They make a great lunch or dinner taco recipe.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
2-3 tbsp olive oil1 small sweet onion finely diced2 cloves garlic crushed1/2 tsp salt1/4 tsp pepper1 cup refried black beans1-2 tbsp coconut oil8 corn tortillas
Cilantro1/2 cup Cheese *can use vegan cheese
1. In a large skillet place olive oil and sweet potatoes. Cover skillet and cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add onions, garlic, salt and pepper. Continue cooking over medium heat for 7-8 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are cooked through.
3. In a separate skillet over medium heat, add one tablespoon coconut oil and 2-3 tortillas. Heat up tortillas for 1-2 minutes on each side. Remove tortillas and place on a paper towel to remove excess oil. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
4. For serving, fill each tortilla with 2 tablespoons black beans and equal amounts of the sweet potato/onion mixture.
5. Top with goat cheese or vegan day cheese and cilantro and enjoy your newest obsession!
AT LEAST THERE'S 4 TUESDAYS A MONTH...