A SUPER BOWL GO-TO DISH
Whether you're looking for an easy delicious dish to bring to a friends party today for the Super Bowl or want to impress your guests when they come over - this turkey chili will have everyone wanting to lick the dish clean!
- 1 lb of lean ground turkey (93% lean)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 cup of small diced white onion
- 1/2 cup of small diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup of small diced orange or yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup of small diced green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon of fresh minced garlic
- I tablespoon of tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons of chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon of ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt (OR ADD TO YOUR LIKING)
- 1 can of kidney beans
- 1/2 cup of black beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1/2 cup of cannellini beans
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons of brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of fresh minced cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- Set a large non-stick pot OR preferably a dutch oven on stove over medium/high heat.
- Add olive oil into pot.
- Once oil is hot, add in onion, red pepper, yellow/orange pepper and green peppers. Sauté until slightly golden brown.
- Once golden, add in the turkey and minced garlic. Sauté until turkey is fully cooked.
- Next, add in all of the spices. (chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, oregano, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, brown sugar and cilantro.) Stir well.
- Add in the rest of your ingredients. (Beans, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, and chicken stock).
- Turn heat down to low/simmer. Cover and simmer for an hour. Stir occasionally to prevent chili from sticking to the bottom of the pot!
- Serve and top with all of your favorite toppings. (Sour cream, cheese, scallions, onions, cilantro, jalapeño, etc.)
PICTURE SHOWN IS NOT PHOTO FROM THE ACTUAL RECIPE - FIND PHOTO'S ON MADE BY MARRIAH'S BLOG