I know you all are probably thinking to yourself… “Really? An oatmeal recipe? Everyone can make oatmeal!” But trust me, this isn’t your average oatmeal. I recall many times on many different occasions making oatmeal in the morning and never being satisfied with it. I finally figured it out. The are two tricks to make the best oatmeal ever. 1. Use milk AND water to make it creamy. 2. WHISK the oatmeal the entire time it is cooking. This will give you the creamiest, and most delicious bowl of oatmeal you’ve ever had! Top with your favorite fruits, nuts or other toppings and enjoy!
- 2 cups of water
- 2 cups of almond milk
- 2 cups of old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Tiny pinch of salt
- 1/4-1/2 cup of maple brown sugar
- Bring water, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon to a boil over medium heat in a small pot.
- Add in oats.
- Turn heat down to medium/low. Constantly whisk for about 5 minutes. Mix in maple brown and a pinch of salt.
- Turn off heat and rest for about 2-3 minutes.
- Top with your favorite fruits, nuts or other toppings. (I topped my oatmeal with blueberries, raspberries, honey and walnuts.
For more recipes follow MADE by Marriah and also on Instagram